What could a 10-minute DMT trip do? And what happens when things go wrong with marijuana (aka: cannabis)? In this episode of Inner Archeology, Sarah and Emily continue their talk on psychedelic drugs and talk about an eye-opening DMT trip Emily went...
What could a 10-minute DMT trip do? And what happens when things go wrong with marijuana (aka: cannabis)?
In this episode of Inner Archeology, Sarah and Emily continue their talk on psychedelic drugs and talk about an eye-opening DMT trip Emily went on, where the fear of certain drugs comes from, and share their cannabis mistake stories.
Key Points In Episode:
- This episode is part 2 of Emily’s and Sarah’s conversation about the benefits of psychedelic drugs.
- If Emily had to pick a psychedelic drug today, it would be DMT… What about your pick?
- Emily would pick it because a DMT trip lasts for about 10 minutes and there’s no comedown and nothing afterwards. With mushrooms, on the other hand, you’re “committed” for several hours and there’s some tricky time afterwards.
- Emily did DMT before she did mushrooms, and she did it twice.
- Did you know that everyone who has taken DMT says to have experienced the same onset?
- There’s a clear difference between psilocybin and DMT. With the first, there are some thematic things – like feeling connected to the earth – but the experience can change from person to person. With psilocybin, on the other hand, there’s a sort of structure to it.
- One major difference Emily experienced with DMT compared to other drugs is that she didn’t feel loopy with her thoughts, rather lucid the whole time. It was a lucid, cerebral experience.
- Have you ever heard of The Dome? That’s what someone on a DMT trip goes into (you can even Google Dome to see artistic representations of it).
- During her DMT trip, Emily saw Thoth (ancient Egypt’s god of the moon). Oh, in case you’re wondering, she knows this because of doing a Google search later on. #JustSayin’
- As Thoth approached Emily, who felt a bit uneasy because she didn’t have anything to offer, he telepathically said to her and kept repeating, ‘You’re enough just as you are.’
- Emily then felt Thoth pass through her, and she ended up in what she believes was nirvana, a little slice of heaven. Emily’s friends, who saw her go on her DMT trip, told her she was sobbing and kept repeating, ‘Ok, ok’ to Thoth.
- Sarah admits that she would be afraid to do DMT because she doesn’t like the idea of visuals…what about you?
- Sarah believes that the time to try ayahuasca, psilocybin or anything else is something that should come to you naturally. You shouldn’t feel nervous about it or forced into it.
- For Sarah and Emily, the fear of trying certain drugs like LSD and acid typically comes from being afraid of losing your mind. Is that something you’re thinking too?
- Did you know that, the first time she did LSD, Sarah got pranked by a friend of hers who knew she was doing it for the first time but pretended not to be himself? #HiDylan
- Emily also had a psychedelic experience with marijuana – but it happened by mistake because she smoked too much of it. She smoked a 50-milligram joint a friend accidentally gave her (for reference, when smoking weed, Sarah would smoke 2.5 milligrams and Emily around 5!).
- She got stuck in the bathroom for what felt like half an hour because she didn’t have the energy to head back to the living room and, when she did, she stayed in a fetal position while feeling as if she was having a panic attack. #NotFunAtAll
- Most people who smoke weed do have a mistake story… True?
- Sarah has given up smoking weed, she’s more into edibles nowadays.
- As for her weed mistake story, it happened during her senior year of high school, toward the end of the year. She ate crumbs out of a bag of weed cookies and…let’s just say she wasn’t able to walk out of class on her own!
- Are you a creative person? If so, know that marijuana has helped Emily with her creative process because it has gotten her out of her usual way of thinking (actually, that’s how she got to Inner Archeology as the name of this show!).
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Inner Archeology Email
Sarah Turner on Instagram
Emily Pennystone on Instagram
@Inner.Archeology on Instagram
InnerArcheology.tv (video version)
Inner Archeology on YouTube
Part 1 of Exploring Psychedelics
Andrew Huberman podcast episode - The Effects of Cannabis (Marijuana) on the Brain & Body